Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Penzey's magazine (Vol. 2, Issue 4); attributed to Hope Moberg of Royal Oak, Michigan. I loved the idea of individual crisps -- portion control is everything!
- 4 cups blueberries (or sliced apples)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh, of course)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Divide blueberries (or apples) between 6 individual ramekins or custard cups.
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice, flour, brown sugar, butter, salt, and cinnamon. Stir with your fingers until ingredients are crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
I needed to use up some blueberries I froze and this was the perfect recipe for it!! I made it in an 8x8 pan since I didn't have ramekins. A little flat but still delicious.
Easy and extremely delicious! Made this with half apples and half blueberries, and it was so flavourful. Not too sweet, just perfect. Thanks for posting!
Made for Healthy Choices ABC.
very tasty crisp!! DH love it. I made this to sell at a fund raiser bake sale. Made them blueberry and apple, a very nice combination. I'll be back to let ya know how they went over at the bake sale, thanks for posting!!