Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is one of our family favorites and I guarantee will be a hit for you too! VERY easy to make and can be "personalized" at the table.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 can enchilada sauce (more if you like it saucier)
- 1 package dry burrito seasoning mix
- 1 package burrito size flour tortilla (8 count)
- cheese (your favorites, as much as you like. I have used Montery Jack, Colby, a 4-cheese blend, and a Mexica)
- shredded lettuce
- green onion
- black olives
- diced tomatoes
- sour cream
- salsa or picante sauce
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add to it the burrito seasoning mix, following directions on the back of the package.
- In 9 x 13 pan spread thin coat of enchilada sauce on bottom.
- Lay two tortillas in bottom of pan (they will overlap in middle).
- Spread about 1/3 of seasoned meat over tortillas.
- Next, place about 1/4 of the cheeses you are using.
- Drizzle (I use the back of a spoon while slowly pouring sauce) Enchilada Sauce here and there, not using more than 1/4 of your sauce.
- It will seem that you are not using enough, but you don't want it to get too saucy!
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- After placing the last 2 tortillas on top,"paint" remaining sauce over entire surface of tortillas, cover w/ remaining cheeses.
- Cover pan w/ lid and/or foil and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Take lid/foil off and bake until cheeses are melted and bubbly!
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before cutting into.
- Offer lettuce, onion, olives, tomato, sour cream and sauces at table.
- I have also made this lasagna using seasoned chicken strips and spanish rice.
This was very good! Much easier then making individual burritos or tacos. I used taco sauce and taco seasoning mix and it turned out fine. (I don't even know what enchilada sauce is!) Serving all of the toppings on the side still made the kids think they were making their own. Thanks!!