From a newspaper insert in Panama. Very rich and satisfying! My mother always wants this meal for her birthday.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs filet of beef or 1 1/2 lbs sirloin, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, cut julienne style
- 1 1/2 cups red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro (garnish)
- 1Cut the meat, onions and peppers.
- 2Season the meat with the ginger, salt, pepper & worcestershire sauce (you can let it marinate 1/2" or more, but it is not necessary).
- 3Heat 1/3 of the oil in a large frying pan/wok over high heat, and saute 1/3 of the meat briefly til no longer pink. Empty meat and juices into another bowl to keep warm. Repeat with the rest of the meat.
- 4Saute onion and peppers in a bit of oil just a few minutes. (not too long because they will continue to cook just sitting a hot pan!).
- 5Add curry powder and meat to the onion and peppers in the skillet; stir well.
- 6Add coconut milk and heat til warm; add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Garnish with cilantro; Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian-Style Beef Curry With Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.3
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 546.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 65.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef