1/1 Photo of Indian Shrimp (Prawn) Curry
A yogurt-based prawn curry. For garam masala, use your favorite recipe. There are several recipes here at Food.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails intact)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups basmati rice, uncooked
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1Place prawns in a bowl with garlic, ginger, spices, 2 teaspoons oil and some salt and pepper. Stir well to coat, then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions. Cover and keep warm.
- 3Heat 1 tbs oil in a wok or frypan over medium-high heat. Add prawns and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the remaining 1 tbs oil to the pan, reduce the heat to medium, then add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the tomato, then cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes until tomato is softened.
- 4Return prawns to pan with yoghurt and coriander, then warm through, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 5Season to taste, then serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Shrimp (Prawn) Curry
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.5
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 178.7 mg
- Sodium 821.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: