Cook1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is the most flavorful home made fried chicken I have ever had. Also great picnic food.
Make and share this Incredible Oven Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 295.73 ml buttermilk
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml Dijon mustard
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 44.37 ml hot pepper sauce (louisiana is good)
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 12 chicken pieces
- 236.59 ml unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml flour
- 9.85 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- Whisk buttermilk, oil, hot pepper sauce, mustard, garlic, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the onion and then the chicken turning to coat each piece with the marinade.
- Cover; chill at least three hours or up to one day turning the chicken occasionally.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, flour, thyme, paprika, cayenne and 1 tsp salt in a large baking dish.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Set chicken on a rack to dry for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place chicken in large baking dish and pour butter over the chicken.
- Bake until crisp and brown, approximately 50 minutes.
Great recipe! Cut the cicken into 10 instead of 8. Just replaced half the drizzle butter with olive oil. Just make sure the bread crumbs and parmesan don't come out of green cans!
This is delicious! I only used 6 pieces of chicken and cut back a little on the hot sauce and butter, we really enjoyed it, thanks for posting. =)
this was awesome... i've got other "oven fried" recipes... but this one beats them all.