Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
This is an oldie but a goodie. Mom's stand by for company. Good enough for us on a special occasion or if company came over!
Top Review by karenv
I have made this recipe for years, and we really love it, however, I do change it a bit. I use a whole 8 ounce package of cream cheese and just something like 3-4 oz of cheddar or American. We add some salt and let it cook only as long as it takes to puff up and then take it out to cool. Overcooked it becomes dry and less flavorful. We cook it in a Corning Ware <br/>9 inch quiche plate which holds all the ingredients just right. One of our favorite uses for imitation crab.
- 6 ounces frozen crabmeat, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease large pie plate (10 inch).
- Mix crabmeat, cheeses and onion in pie plate.
- Mix remaining ingredients in blender until smooth (15 seconds on high).
- Slowly pour liquid mixture into pie plate. Bake until golden brown for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.