Recipe by Sueie
Easy salmon pie that separates in the cooking to make a base. Can be stored in freezer for two weeks.
Top Review by Boomette
I love salmon pie and I had to try this recipe because there is no crust. It worked very well. I let it in the oven a good 10 minutes. It's very easy to do. I used provolone cheese and dried parsley (about 1 tbs). Thanks Sueie :) Made for Healthy tag game
- 4 eggs
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (200 g) can salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs, butter, flour and baking powder in processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Stir through milk, salmon, onion, cheese, parsley and seasonings.
- Pour mixture into a greased pie plate.
- Bake in moderate oven 180degC (360degF) for 1 hour or until mixture is firm and golden.