Recipe by SuzV
From "The Southern Living Cookbook". This is a great oven-fried chicken recipe. Quick n Easy.
Top Review by alligirl
Simple, yet delicious! It was a little crunchy, but very moist and tender. I added chopped fresh basil to the breading, as I had some to use up and I hoped it would compliment the chicken. I was right! It was very good! I also used breasts, as that is what I had on hand! Thanks so much for sharing, SuzV!
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingrediants. Dip each chicken breast in milk and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange in a lightly greased 12x2x8" baking dish.
- Combine butter, garlic, and lemon juice and drizzle over chicken. Sprinkle paprika over chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender.