Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe from Idaho Potato Commission
- 2 large idaho potatoes, cleaned and sliced thinly (left in water)
- 3 tablespoons approx goat cheese (1/2 log)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 garlic clove, roasted and smashed
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped fine cooked, dried and cooled
- 1 shallot, minced sauteed and cooled
- 2 tablespoons truffles, shavings
- 3 tablespoons white truffle oil
- white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine in a bowl the mushrooms, truffle shavings, truffle oil, minced shallots and season to taste.
- In a non-reactive square oven-proof pan, spread 1 tablespoon butter and a touch of truffle oil to coat.
- In a saucepan, combine goat cheese, garlic and heavy cream.
- Melt cheese and keep slightly warm.
- Layer potatoes on bottom of pan.
- Spoon goat cheese mixture over all and add truffle mushroom mixture and layer again with potato.
- Alternate until all potatoes and mushroom mixture is used.
- Top with last of the goat cheese mixture.
- Cook in oven until golden brown on top (about 30-40 minutes).
- Cool to room temperature or colder.
- Cut out portions and reheat to order.
- The mushroom mixture looks like ground beef and the cheese mixture looks like ricotta cheese.
- Serve with Filet Mignon, Chicken, Lamb or your own special creation!