Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My grandma used to make these cookies when I was a little girl. I had lost the recipe and just found it a couple weeks ago, so I want to share it with you all.
- Cream together butter and sugar; add eggs, honey and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats.
- Drop by the teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 6-7 minutes.
- Mix together powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Cool cookies for about a minute on wire rack, then ice with a thick powdered sugar glaze.
These are very good. I made them with all butter. . I love the texture and the flavor. However, I skipped the icing as these cookies are plenty sweet already.
These are fantastic! It is now my go-to recipe for oatmeal cookies. My husband and son loved them. The only change I made was I needed to add a little more flour to achieve the right consistency. But, that was probably due to the humid climate I live in.
The best oatmeal cookie I have ever made!!! I have been searching for years now for a cookie this good. Thank you so much Baker#1 and your Grandma too! My search is over. My husband doesn't like oatmeal cookies at all and he can stop eating them. I stuck to the recipe exactly and won't change a thing!