Recipe by #1 Baker
My grandma used to make these cookies when I was a little girl. I had lost the recipe and just found it a couple weeks ago, so I want to share it with you all.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar; add eggs, honey and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats.
- Drop by the teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 6-7 minutes.
- Mix together powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Cool cookies for about a minute on wire rack, then ice with a thick powdered sugar glaze.