Recipe by carolinafan
Top Review by anme
I made half a batch of these the other day with great results. The glaze/topping really is what makes these cookies so good. They have a slight, but not over powering lemon taste that I really enjoyed. I baked these in a convection oven at 310 F for about 9 minutes or so. Great cookies recipe that I plan on making a full bacth of soon!
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml oil
- 4.92 ml grated lemon peel
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cream of tartar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
- 44.37-59.16 ml fresh lemon juice
- 177.44 ml coarsely chopped shelled pistachios
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine butter, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup powdered sugar; beat well. Add egg, oil and lemon peel; mix well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt to sugar mixture; beat until well blended. Cover dough with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 325. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten cookies into 2-inch rounds with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 325 for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges begin to set and cookies are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets; place on wire racks. Cool 10 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, blend 2 cups powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired spreading consistency. Spread frosting on cooled cookies. Sprinkle pistachios on frosting before it sets.