Recipe by Inklefritz19
First of all this makes 2 pies and is awesome!! i took a basic recipe i had found and i veganized it and added and made some improvisions to it and it is by far the best recipe ive tried and my family loves it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 banana
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil or 1⁄3 cup any other mild tasting oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1⁄4 cups soymilk or 1 1⁄4 cups any other non-dairy milk substitute
- 2 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a small bowl.
- mix together all wet ingredients in meduim size bowl.
- gradually mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- pour mixture into pie crusts.
- bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- reduce tempto 350 and bake 40 - 50 minutes or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- enjoy the best vegan pumpkin pie ever!