Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I'm not really sure why this is called Hunter's stew -- there isn't any wild game in it. It is super easy to throw together & is a wonderful meal on a chilly night!! It is a thick stew I serve in bowls but could actually be served over biscuts.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 5 potatoes, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can water
- 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- Brown ground beef (season as you like); put in dish & add onion.
- Layer the celery, carrots, and potatoes.
- Blend the italian seasoning, salt & pepper, soups & water. Pour over mixture & blend slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours or until done.
- *I usually add a 1/2 tsp of minced garlic as well. You can increase the water to 1 & 1/2 cans if it is too thick for your preferences.