Recipe by Golden Honey Dog
Great cold weather dish- very tasty with the hamburger and BBQ sauce & kids love it!
Top Review by ohgal
Nice to see this recipe. When I was married 44 yrs. ago, I made this same recipe and dh loved it. I lost it and never found it till you posted it. Now I can make it for him one day and surprise him. Substituting turkey for the beef and low sodium and low sugar ingredients. His diet has changed quite a bit recently in his old age. lol Thanks for posting it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans or 1 (16 ounce) canregular baked beans
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 1 (4 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese (but adds a lot to it) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef, drain excess fat. Stir in salt, beans, BBQ sauce and onion, heat until bubbly.
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart casserole.
- Cut biscuits in halves to form 20 half circles, place cut side down along the edge of the casserole on meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.