Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great cold weather dish- very tasty with the hamburger and BBQ sauce & kids love it!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans or 1 (16 ounce) canregular baked beans
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 1 (4 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese (but adds a lot to it) (optional)
- Brown beef, drain excess fat. Stir in salt, beans, BBQ sauce and onion, heat until bubbly.
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart casserole.
- Cut biscuits in halves to form 20 half circles, place cut side down along the edge of the casserole on meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Nice to see this recipe. When I was married 44 yrs. ago, I made this same recipe and dh loved it. I lost it and never found it till you posted it. Now I can make it for him one day and surprise him. Substituting turkey for the beef and low sodium and low sugar ingredients. His diet has changed quite a bit recently in his old age. lol Thanks for posting it.
This casserole was easy to make and was very filling, but the taste was just okay to me. I'm not sure if i'll make it again and I don't think i'd serve it to guests. I cooked it for the time/temp specified and the tops of the biscuits were brown, but the bottoms were underdone and doughy which was okay with me, but may be a turn-off to others.
Great old-fashioned comfort food! This was perfect for a chilly night like tonight - thanks for posting! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.