Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Comes from the Hungry girls website.
Make and share this Hungry Girls "sloppy Joes" recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb raw extra-lean ground turkey
- 5 small hamburger buns (light, if available)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup canned no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons splenda no calorie artificial sweetener (granulated)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry steak seasoning
- 1 dash salt
- Spray a large pan with nonstick spray, and bring to medium-high heat. Add turkey to the pan. Spread the meat around in the pan to break it up a bit.
- In a small dish, combine Splenda, salt and steak seasoning. Sprinkle this mixture over the meat, and continue to stir meat in the pan. Once the meat has browned, reduce heat to medium.
- Add onions, peppers, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar to the pan. Stir, and then continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauces and paste to the pan and stir well. Reduce heat to low, and cook the mixture for an additional 5 minutes.
- Toast the buns, if desired. Put 1/5th of the mixture on each bottom bun, and then finish off with tops of the buns.