Hungry Girl Ww Guacamole - 1 Point!
photo by Greeny4444
- Ready In:
- 15 ounces peas, drained
- 1⁄2 mashed avocado (about 1 medium-small avocado's worth)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cherry tomatoes or 1/3 cup grape tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup fat free Greek yogurt (like Fage Total 0%)
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- chopped jarred jalapenos (optional) or additional salt and pepper (optional)
- Place drained peas in a medium bowl and mash thoroughly with a potato masher or fork.
- Add all other ingredients except for the tomatoes, onions and optional items.
- Continue to mash until blended.
- Stir in the tomatoes, onions and, if you like, some chopped cilantro and/or jalapenos.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, if needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Love this! I was really, REALLY, skeptical of peas turning out okay for guac but it works. Couple of adjustments I did to better suit my tastes was to use 2/3 of the peas and about 1/2 the yogurt because I like the tangy guac more than the creamy and the yogurt made it a little creamier than I really liked. But even made by the book the recipe is a great swap. I can have guac on sandwiches now too!
This is AWESOME! I accidentally bought a can of peas (yeah, I don't know), and I forgot how turned off I am by canned peas. Well, I got this recipe in my e-mail today, and I saw that I could use up the peas (along with a bunch of other stuff I had in the fridge)! I mashed up the peas completely, I used a whole Haas avocado, and I added a bit more minced garlic. I didn't have the optional ingredients, but it was still great. If I had not made it myself, I wouldn't even know there were peas in it. I would TOTALLY bring this to a get-together. Thanks for posting it!
I hate peas so I was a little turned off by this at first. But I decided to make it to go along with another one of hungry girls recipes and i really liked it! I still love the regular fattening one, but this is good also. I also used the cottage cheese, thanks for the advice. thank you for sharing another great recipe xpnsve!