Ashley U's Note:
I received this recipe from a restaurant in Portland, Oregon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1 pound of butter.
- 2Add onion, and sauté until wilted.
- 3Add mushrooms, sauté until juices are released.
- 4Add dill, paprika, and mix well.
- 5Add tamari, water, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- 6In a large stockpot, make roux using 2 pounds butter and flour, cook 10 minutes.
- 7Drain some water from soup and beat into roux in stockpot until smooth.
- 8IMPORTANT- you will get flour lumps if you try to skip this step!
- 9Add water-smoothed roux to kettle.
- 10Add milk and simmer until it thickens again, coating back of spoon.
- 11Turn off heat, beat in sour cream until well blended, then beat in salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Pacific Northwest Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1871.4
- Calories from Fat 1379
- Total Fat 153.2 g
- Saturated Fat 93.0 g
- Cholesterol 410.9 mg
- Sodium 4468.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 41.9 g