Recipe by MizzNezz
They'll line up for seconds of this hearty dish.
Top Review by Libby Sproat
I made this and fed it to a Hungarian who is living in England for a couple years. He absolutely loved it and said it was just like how they make it in Hungary. Though he said this is actually Paprikash, not Goulash. You can use other meat, too. I used pork, and it was really tasty.
- 3 lbs boneless beef roast, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 cups sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 4 quarts water
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 9 cups wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss meat with flour to coat.
- In Dutch oven, brown meat in oil until well browned on all sides.
- Add onions, paprika, salt, pepper and beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 1-1/2 hours.
- Bring water, salt and oil to a boil; add noodles and cook for 8 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under hot water.
- Toss cooked noodles with butter and poppy seeds.
- Stir sour cream into meat mixture.
- Cook on low until heated through, stirring constantly.
- Serve goulash over noodles.