Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An easy crock pot recipe that fills them all up!
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 cup sour cream (light sour cream is fine)
- 1 package wide egg noodles
- Put steak cubes, onion, and garlic in crock-pot.
- Stir in flour and mix to coat steak cubes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except sour cream.
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low 7-10 hours.
- Add sour cream 30 minutes before serving.
- Cook noodles.
- Serve goulash on top of noodles.
Very nice result that was popular with the whole family! Sliced baby portabella mushrooms were a great addition. Thanks!
This was an easy recipe and was nice to use the crockpot. I used beef stew meat, because I didn't have roundsteak. I think I'll try it with roundsteak next time. The sauce is really good. I did thicken it with a little cornstarch.
I generally make this with pork shoulder, for my weekend gaming group. There have been fights over the last serving :) Also, I add a cup of uncooked 5 minute rice to it when I add the sour cream, and use that instead of noodles.