Recipe by Bobbie
Looking for a new recipe for the crock pot? Give this a try. Very, very easy -- and smells so wonderful as it cooks.
Top Review by Rafika
I made this recipe today to put on rice or noodles for lunch next week. Well, the savory scent filled my apartment with such a rich, delicious smell that I couldn't wait and had to try it tonight. It surpassed my expectations.
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut in 1/2 cubes
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat beef cubes with flour. Add olive oil to skillet and brown beef cubes with onion and garlic.
- Transfer to a slow cooker and add remaining ingredients except sour cream. Stir well, cover and cook on low for 7-10 hours.
- Add sour cream 30 minutes before serving. Serve over hot noodles or rice.
- Can be cooked on high for 5 – 6 hours.
- I like to cut up the tomatoes – it’s just whatever your personal preferences might be.