1 hr 5 mins
Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is from a local Chinese restaurant near my hometown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 3 small hot chili peppers, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon ginger, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (light is the best)
- 2 lbs chicken pieces, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (light is the best)
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing wine or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons szechwan pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1In a large bowl, mix ginger slices, sherry vinegar and 2 tbsp soy sauce. Marinate chicken pieces for 30 minutes in soy sauce marinade.
- 2Grind Sichuan pepper to powder and add to mixing bowl. Mix in the chicken broth, 2 tbsp soy sauce, wine, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- 3Heat oil in a wok or heavy frying pan. Add sliced green onion and chili peppers and stir fry for one minute.
- 4Add soy marinade and chicken to scallions and hot pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes more.
- 5Add chicken broth mixture and mix well. Cook over medium-low heat until chicken pieces are fully cooked (8-10 minutes) stirring frequently. Add cornstarch to thicken. Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hunan-Style Hot and Spicy Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.6
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 1240.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar