Hunan-Style Hot and Spicy Chicken
- In a large bowl, mix ginger slices, sherry vinegar and 2 tbsp soy sauce. Marinate chicken pieces for 30 minutes in soy sauce marinade.
- Grind Sichuan pepper to powder and add to mixing bowl. Mix in the chicken broth, 2 tbsp soy sauce, wine, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a wok or heavy frying pan. Add sliced green onion and chili peppers and stir fry for one minute.
- Add soy marinade and chicken to scallions and hot pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes more.
- Add chicken broth mixture and mix well. Cook over medium-low heat until chicken pieces are fully cooked (8-10 minutes) stirring frequently. Add cornstarch to thicken. Serve with rice.