Noble House Governor's Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a recipe from my local Chinese restaurant. Yummy!! Light sauce stir-fry dish.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg white
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch diamond-shape pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch diamond-shape pieces
- 1 bunch scallion, peeled and cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 red chili peppers, dehydrated
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cut the chicken into 3/4-inch cubes. Combine the cubes with the egg white, 2 tablespoons of water and 3 tablespoons of the cornstarch. Mix well.
- Heat the 2 cups oil in a wok or frying pan to 280F (medium to medium high heat), or put 1 piece of chicken in the oil and, when the bubbles rise from it like Champagne bubbles, add the rest of the chicken. Stir the chicken slowly and cook until the pink is no longer visible. Drain in a colander.
- Combine the bell peppers, scallions and ginger in a colander. Rinse in cold water. With a pair of scissors, cut the hot peppers lengthwise and then cut again widthwise, flaking the bits on top of the vegetables in the colander.
- Combine the soy sauce, sherry, garlic, sugar, salt, 2 tablespoons of cold water, and the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Mix well.
- Heat the 3 teaspoons oil in a wok until smoking. Stir-fry the vegetables for 5 minutes, or until bright in color. Add the chicken cubes and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the optional cocktail peanuts and toss 3 times.
- Restir the sauce and add it to the chicken and vegetables. Toss 5 times quickly and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION