Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Jostlori
Absolute deliciousness on a plate! We skipped lunch after church to come home and make these before the rains fell. It was worth the price! These are some of the best pancakes I've ever had! The only changes I made to the recipe were to skip the nuts (can't have them!) and I used fresh pineapple because we always have some on hand. The best size for this is no more than 4 inches in diameter. The crème Anglaise was the divine accompaniment, but I could eat these just plain with the diced fruit or maybe dusted with some powdered sugar! Thanks so much for posting this marvelous recipe - if I could give it more than 5 stars, I would. Made for My Three Chefs 2013.
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 118.29 ml ground cinnamon
- 354.88 ml buttermilk
- 236.59 ml mashed very ripe banana
- 118.29 ml drained canned crushed pineapple in juice
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 118.29 ml chopped toasted pecans
- sliced banana
- pineapple chunk
Cream Cheese Anglaise
- 354.88 ml half-and-half
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 0.59 ml salt
- 29.58 ml butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Pancakes--stir together the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the buttermilk and next 5 ingredients in another bowl.
- Gradually stir in the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot buttered griddle or large nonstick skillet.
- Cook pancakes 3-4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked.
- Turn and cook 3-4 minutes or until done.
- Place pancakes in a single layer on a baking sheet and keep warm in a 200° oven up to 30 minutes.
- Garnish pancakes with banana slices and pineapple chunks, if desired.
- Serve with Cream Cheese Anglaise--process first 6 ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Bring mixture to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Boil, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in butter and vanilla; serve immediately.