Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on Huckleberry Hounds - a Montana based site while searching info for my fav - huckleberries. :) YUM!!
- 18 ounces yellow butter recipe cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans, finely ground
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh huckleberries, frozen also ok
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix first five ingredients until crumbly.
- Put half the mixture in the bottom of a 13- by 9-inch baking pan (sprayed with cooking oil) and pat down.
- Distribute huckleberries over bottom layer.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over the top and pat lightly.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, enjoy!
This does not come out right at all. Way too much cobbler and not enough berries. I even added a cup more of the berries. It just came out dry. Don't waste your preciouse berries on this one.