1/1 Photo of Houston's Grilled Artichokes With Remoulade
Houston's is one of my favorite restaurants, if anything, for the simplicity and consistency of their dishes. Here is one of my favorites. You can serve these without the remoulade and they are just as good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large artichokes
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Trim the tops and ends of leaves from the artichokes, cut in half lengthwise and remove the fuzzy choke. Squeeze a bit of lemon on immediately to prevent browning. If preparing artichokes ahead of time, place them in a bowl of lemon water until ready to boil. If unsure how to properly prep an artichoke, look online for an easy demonstration.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- 3Add artichokes to boiling water, and cook for about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- 4Squeeze the remaining lemon wedges into a medium bowl. Stir in the olive oil and garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Brush the artichokes with a coating of the garlic dip, and place them on the preheated grill.
- 6Grill the artichokes for 5 to 10 minutes, basting with dip and turning frequently, until the tips are a little charred. Serve immediately with remoulade.
- 8In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- 9Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for several hours prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Houston's Grilled Artichokes With Remoulade
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 884.3
- Calories from Fat 720
- Total Fat 80.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 1649.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g