Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts; set aside.
- Arrange turkey slices evenly on 4 toast slices; cover with cheese sauce, and top with tomato and bacon slices.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Top with remaining toast slices; serve immediately.
- **I slice these sandwiches diagonally.
Very good, very simple to make. We crumbled the cooked bacon on top of the cheese sauce so it would not "slip" out of the sandwich. This is a keeper. Thank you for sharing.
Very Yummy!! These sandwiches really hit the spot. The cheese sauce is the star to this show. It adds an unexpected richness to the sandwich. I served with soup for a very comforting and filling meal. Thanks.
Hands down, the best turkey sandwich my husband and I have ever tasted. WOW!! The sauce provides the surprise yum-factor. We used our left-over Thanksgiving smoked turkey. Very filling and a new favorite of ours. Deserves more than 5-stars we thought.