Recipe by Sharon123
Salsa adds lots of flavor to this warm salad. From "Recipes for Busy Cooks" by the Rice a Roni folks.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I really liked this. It was a "different" type of salad for us. I followed the recipe other then I used a pound of hamburger. This was very tasty and easy to make. Thanks for the great recipe Sharon!
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) package beef flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain.
- Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In the same skillet, prepare Rice a Roni Mix as package directs.
- Stir in meat mixture, salsa and chili powder; continue cooking over low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Arrange lettuce on serving platter.
- Top with rice mixture, tomato and cheese.
- Top with Tortilla chips, if desired.
- Add a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
- Makes 5 servings.