Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this at another recipe site and have made it a few times with rave results. I know there are many similar recipes but this is the only one I could find that has these ingredients so I thought I would share. The bacon addition makes this dip yummy! I will post the recipe as I found it but then add in the few changes I have made to spice it up a little.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) container garlic & herb spreadable cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly browned. Drain and crumble into a medium bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together with the bacon.
- Scoop mixture into a 7x11 inch baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Now what I do is double the recipe using a 16 oz. bag of spinach, double the sour cream, mayo, and artichokes. I use the "real bacon bits" instead of wasting my time on frying up the bacon, 3-4oz. containers of alouette garlic and herb cheese spread, 1 small block of each parmesan and romano cheeses grated, and add a bit of onion powder, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper flakes for some zip. I also just throw this all in a crock pot and we are all set, no need for an oven this way.