Top Review by Rita~
Be carefull I followed the directions the cloves was overpowering! I did have to add more apple juice!I would make next time with the most 10 cloves. I also added water to thin the sweetness after simmering for 30 minutes. I did enjoy it!
- 6 cups apple cider or 6 cups apple juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 30 whole cloves
- 8 slices crystallized ginger, each about 1 inch in diameter
- 3⁄4 cup calvados or 3⁄4 cup other apple brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the cider, cinnamon sticks, cloves and crystallized ginger.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover partially and simmer gently for 30 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Ladle the cider into warmed mugs or cups, adding some of the spices to each serving.
- Stir 2 Tbs Calvados into each mug and serve immediately.