Hot Spiced New England Cider
A Basic Cider Recipe combining the best aspects of Vermont and Finger Lakes Cider Recipes Made with Real Maple Syrup. Can be done with either Apple or Apple-Pear Cider.
- Ready In:
- 6 cups apple-pear cider (or Apple Cider)
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup (1/2 cup with Apple Cider)
- 2 cinnamon, Sticks (Cassia, plus an additional cinnamon stick for each person)
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 allspice berries
- 1 drop lemon juice
- Combine cider, syrup, lemon juice, and spices and heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
- Remove spices.
- Put a cinnamon stick in each cup to drink through and serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Lovely! I needed a quick warm-up so heated up a single serving in the microwave for 25 seconds at a time until hot (about 2 minutes total). I couldn't find apple-pear cider so just used apple. This is probably better if it steeps all day, but even done in the microwave, it was still tasty! Thanks for sharing :)