Hot Spiced Cranberry Apple Cider
- Ready In:
- 3 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 slices peeled fresh ginger (1/4 inch thick)
- 5 cardamom pods
- 12 black peppercorns
- 2 slices fresh orange slices (to garnish, 4-inches long)
- 5 whole cloves, plus additional for studding orange slices
- Combine all ingredients except garnish in a medium saucepan and simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 20 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve into a heatproof pitcher; pour into heatproof glasses.
Join The Conversation
This is so great on a COLD winter night ~ you know, the kind we get here in Southern California's high desert! I know, I know, some of you silly people still live up north [like I used to, years ago!], but guess what: You can still enjoy this beverage, even if it's below zero outside! I this particular combination of flavors! Great recipe, Lainey! Thanks so much!