Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Leave this hearty main dish cooking while you are working or running errands
Make and share this Hot Sausage and Bean Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dried beans
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) canpeeled diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups hot water
- 3⁄4 lb spicy bulk pork sausage
- Combine all ingredients except sausage in crockpot.
- Meanwhile lightly brown sausage in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain off fat.
- Add browned sausaged to bean mixture.
- Cook LOW 8-9 hours or until beans are tender.