Hot Sausage and Vegetable Breakfast Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 12 ounces mild bulk sausage (we use Jimmy Dean)
- 12 ounces spicy bulk sausage (we use Jimmy Dean)
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups cubed American cheese or 2 cups Velveeta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook sausage.
- Drain grease and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large, deep baking dish (we use 9 X 13 baking pan) add sausage, eggs, sour cream, onion, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and cheese.
- Stir very well to mix thoroughly.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and eggs are set.
Join The Conversation
Delicious!! We had this for dinner tonight and it was a huge hit. I made it exactly as written except that I used only one 8 oz. package sliced mushrooms. Also, I served this topped with sour cream and salsa. This is a great recipe for adding personal favorites such as ham, fresh spinach, etc. Thank you for sharing this fantastic, easy recipe. I will definitely be making this often. Congrats again on winning the football pool.