Recipe by Parrot Head Mama
I was looking for a recipe on 'Zaar for this to make at an upcoming holiday party, and was SHOCKED to find that there wasn't one. Super yummy and rather substantial.
Top Review by Stacky5
I LOVE Reuben sandwiches, but was the only one in my house, UNTIL I made this dip and got the kids to try it! This dip is so easy to make, and so wonderful to taste, that even my "skeptical" children had to admit that they liked it too! I was hoping to have a little bit leftover, but no dice...Excellent recipe!! I used Hellman's mayo, Kraft thousand island dressing, and I used Bavarian sauerkraut and it turned out perfect! Thank you so much for posting this, Parrot Head Mama! It's a keeper in my family!!!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 16 ounces sauerkraut, rinsed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces shredded corned beef
- 16 ounces shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and dressing.
- Spread sauerkraut into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Layer corned beef, Swiss cheese, and the mayonnaise-dressing mixture on top of the sauerkraut.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve in a hollowed out rye bowl and/or with crackers and bite-sized bits of rye bread.