A great dip to make when you have friends over for a casual supper or to watch the game together on TV.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (Mushroom Soy would be great if you have it)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- assorted cracker
- 1Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- 2Drain; reserving 2 tblsps of dripping in skillet.
- 3Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 4Add mushrooms, onion and garlic to dripping and cook over medium heat until tender and the liquid given off by the mushrooms has evaporated, about 6-8 minutes.
- 5Mix in flour and salt and pepper.
- 6Add cream cheese, Worcestershire Sauce and soy sauce.
- 7Reduce heat to low and simmer until cheese is melted.
- 8Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and bacon.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Mushroom Dip
Serving Size: 1 (793 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.8
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 1018.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 14.9 g