Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great dip to make when you have friends over for a casual supper or to watch the game together on TV.
- 5 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (Mushroom Soy would be great if you have it)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- assorted cracker
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Drain; reserving 2 tblsps of dripping in skillet.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic to dripping and cook over medium heat until tender and the liquid given off by the mushrooms has evaporated, about 6-8 minutes.
- Mix in flour and salt and pepper.
- Add cream cheese, Worcestershire Sauce and soy sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and bacon.
- Serve warm.
This was a very yummy dip. We served it with crackers. It was pretty much my dinner last night. I did add a little more bacon and also chopped up the mushrooms. Very easy to make and tasty.
I'm not sure what I did wrong, but this was a huge disappointment. It tasted like a sauce for steak, not a dip. The flour never did cook up, so it tasted paste-y. I had to thin it out with milk and white wine, just to be able to stir it around the pan. Will not make it again. Sorry!