Hot Mushroom Dip
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A requested recipe posted in Bon Appetit. It comes from the Governor's Inn in Ludlow, Vermont.
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese (cut into small pieces)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Fry bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic to reserved drippings and cook over medium heat until tender and most mushroom liquid has evaporated, about 6-8 minutes.
- Mix in flour and pepper.
- Add cream cheese, Worcestershire and soy sauce. Reduce heat to low and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream and bacon.
- Serve warm with assorted crackers or small sour dough bread slices.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION