Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
For a dazzling side-dish, use red and yellow cherry tomatoes. This is a nice brunch dish, especially in the summer when tomatoes are plentiful.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place cherry tomato halves in a lightly greased 11x7 baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs mixture evely over cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.
I have made a side dish similar to this then lost the recipe. It always proved very popular at a dinner or buffet as it is a change from the usual. The only difference is in the salt and olive oil.Because tomatoes are acid based I found adding either seasoned salt(no msg)or a strong grated hard cheese(ie Romano)helped the flavour.I made certain the olive oil was of good quality extra virgin,which makes a decided difference in taste.I wont lose this one again!
Dazzling flavor, with a delicious presentation and delightfull to make! The quick cooking time is enough to infuse the bread crumb topping with the herbs, onion and garlic flavor. The herbs stay green, the tomatoes bright red, and the olive oil combines all the flavors with the tomato juices. You have out done me on this one, Miss Annie !
I made this recipe to use up some tomatoes from our garden. I seeded and cut them into chunks. The herbed breadcrumb topping is sublime!! Looks pretty too! We will look forward to making this again. Thanks Miss Annie!