Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in a cookbook called"Just 100 Calories"
- 4 portabella mushrooms, large
- olive oil, spray
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 shallots
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs, fresh whole wheat
- basil sprig, a few fresh
- 59.14 ml dried apricot, plumed and chopped
- 14.79 ml pine nuts
- 56.69 g feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and set aside.
- Spray the based of the mushrooms with the oil and place undersides up in a roasting pan.
- Put the mushrooms stalks in a food processor with the garlic, shallots, and breadcrumbs.
- Set aside a few basil sprigs for the garnish then place the remainder in the food processor with the apricots, pine nuts, and feta cheese.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Process for 1 to 2 minutes, or until a stuffing consistency is formed, then divide among the mushroom caps.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the stuffing is crisp on the top.
- Serve garnished with the reserved basil sprigs.
I made this recipe last night to go along with pasta and as a test run for Christmas. I'm keeping it on the Christmas menu but as an appetizer instead of a side. They have a delightful North African flavor to me (this is a good thing in my book) and you keep wanting "Just one more". Yummy!
I halved the recipe and much enjoyed these mushrooms. Thanks for a nice light and tasty supper! Made for PRMR game. Could not get stars to stick, 5 stars for sure.