Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
To Die For Hot Fudge Sauce!
Make and share this Hot Fudge Sauce - Microwave recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml margarine, melted
- 78.07 ml cocoa (Hershey's)
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 29.58 ml water
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- In a microwave proof bowl, combine margarine, water and cocoa.
- With wire whisk, blend in condensed milk.
- Microwave on high 1 minute then whisk to blend.
- Microwave 1 1/2 minutes more on high. Add vanilla and blend with whisk completely.
- Serve over your favorite ice cream.
- Store in 1 pint canning jar, cool and refrigerate.
- Can be rewarmed in jar (lid removed) in microwave--add a bit of water if it thickens too much.
Finding this recipe was a huge mistake! I am so sorry I ever printed it out! My two youngest Dornettes had some friends over last night (Saturday night) for a movie, and I let them make this themselves while I went out powerwalking. By the time I got home, they had made 4 batches of the stuff, eaten it with ice cream, drizzled it over popcorn, spread it on cake and just ate it straight out of the bowl with their fingers. As I walked in the door two girls were trying to get the stuff out of their hair, one girl was squinting very unattractively since it had gotten into her eye, and a 4th girl was trying to quietly throw up in the bathroom. There was also a small chocolate puddle on the floor, but not for long, since the dog was working on that one. The tiny bit I actually got to taste (I think that was off the walls of the microwave itself) was wonderful, I can't wait to try this again, in polite society. Thanks, Barb, when are you coming over to help clean up my kitchen?
I knew you wouldn't steer me wrong, Bloomers. This was soooo easy to make, we could hardly wait for it to be ready. Was the perfect topping for the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup icecream. Heck, it even made the spoon taste good!! Thanks for the tip!!
This recipe is very good. Does anyone know if you can put this up in jars and seal with a hot water bath and not keep refrigerated? Would make a great gift if you could do this.