Recipe by That is Dr House to you
From Jane Brody. Can be prepared ahead up to 1 to 4 hours by keeping the dressing separate and then combine before serving. You can cut the veggies into 1/2 inch pieces or sliver as desired.
- 2 lbs green cabbage, cored
- 1 sweet green pepper, cored seeded
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored seeded
- 1 large vidalia onion, peeled
- 1 -3 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup natural chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos or 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Dressing by combining all ingredients except water. Add the water 1 tbsp at a time and whisk after each addition. When the dressing reaches the consistancy of mayo set it aside.
- Salad: Prepare the vegetables to suit cut in pieces or slivered. Combine in a large bowl using jalapeno to taste. Chill this one hour before serving. Do not use the peanuts in this step.
- Remove salad from refrigerator, sprinkle with salt or salt sub. Combine with dressing. Toss until well covered. Just before serving sprinkle on the peanuts. Toss a second time and serve immediately.
- Note if making this for a Vegan make sure the dry roasted peanuts are Vegan. Not all are.