That is Dr House to you's Note:
From Jane Brody. Can be prepared ahead up to 1 to 4 hours by keeping the dressing separate and then combine before serving. You can cut the veggies into 1/2 inch pieces or sliver as desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs green cabbage, cored
- 1 sweet green pepper, cored seeded
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored seeded
- 1 large vidalia onion, peeled
- 1 -3 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Prepare Dressing by combining all ingredients except water. Add the water 1 tbsp at a time and whisk after each addition. When the dressing reaches the consistancy of mayo set it aside.
- 2Salad: Prepare the vegetables to suit cut in pieces or slivered. Combine in a large bowl using jalapeno to taste. Chill this one hour before serving. Do not use the peanuts in this step.
- 3Remove salad from refrigerator, sprinkle with salt or salt sub. Combine with dressing. Toss until well covered. Just before serving sprinkle on the peanuts. Toss a second time and serve immediately.
- 4Note if making this for a Vegan make sure the dry roasted peanuts are Vegan. Not all are.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Diggity Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 207.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Braggs liquid aminos