Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Makes about 4 cups of mix or enough to make about 20 cups of mocha.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup instant espresso coffee powder
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Cut vanilla bean crosswise in half, then cut each half lengthwise in half.
- In food processor with knife blade attached, process cocoa, sugar, espresso coffee powder, and chocolate until almost smooth.
- Stir vanilla bean pieces into chocolate mixture. Store mix at room temperature in tightly covered container up to 6 months.
- To PREPARE HOT MOCHA:.
- For each serving, in microwave safe mug, mix 3 tablespoons Hot Mocha Mix (do not include vanilla bean pieces) with 1 cup milk.
- Heat in microwave oven on high 1 1/2 minutes, stirring once halfway through heating, until blended and hot.
- For GIFT GIVING:.
- Make sure to include a copy of the preparation instructions.