This easy, yummy recipe comes from Good Housekeeping Magazine. Its easy to mix up a batch and will keep up to 6 months at room temperature, in a tightly sealed container. Place mixture in a decorative jar or tin for gift giving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend cocoa, sugar, chocolate and salt in a food processor using the knife blade.
- 2Process until almost a smooth powder.
- 3Be careful not to over process it.
- 4You should end up with about 3 1/2 cups of cocoa mix.
- 7Prepare cocoa mix as directed above, adding 1/3 cup instant coffee powder or granules to the mixture before blending all in the processor.
- 8Mexican Spice.
- 9Prepare cocoa mix as directed above, adding 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) to the mixture before blending all in the processor.
- 11Prepare cocoa mix as directed above, adding half a vanilla bean (pod and seeds) to the mixture before blending all in the processor.
- 12To Make hot cocoa:.
- 13Add 3 Tablespoons of cocoa mix and 1 cup of milk to a microwave-safe mug, stir to mix.
- 14Microwave on High power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until blended and hot, stirring once.
- 15Top with a dollop of whipped cream or a few mini-marshmallows if desired.
- 16NOTE: Because everyone's microwave is different, watch carefully while microwaving (the first time) to prevent spillovers. Adjust microwaving time accordingly for your unit.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Cocoa Mix and Variations
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g