Recipe by PaulaG
This is a spicy ginger treat for those snowy winter evenings around the fireplace. Garnish with mini marshmallows and a light dusting of cocoa powder. The recipe is from Cooking Light Annual recipes 2002.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Wonderful combination! I love chocolate and ginger, and today I needed something to really warm me up - this was just perfect! Definitely a keeper!! Thanks for posting. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen 2010.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh ginger, chopped peeled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups skim milk or 4 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine the first 3 ingredients and cook 5 minutes over medium high heat until the sugar dissolves and is golden; stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Stir in milk and syrup; cook over medium-low heat, stirring with a wire whisk. Heat to 180 degrees or until tiny bubbles form around edge of pan, stirring frequently.
- Do not boil.
- Strain the milk mixture through a sieve; discard solids.