Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love broccoli and pepper jack cheese... and this dip combines the two! This is a very quick and easy dip for parties. We like it with Frito's Scoops or tortilla chips. Leftovers are wonderful served over baked potatoes for lunch the next day. NOTE AFTER FIRST REVIEW: I have always kept this hot for serving in my mini-crockpot and haven't had trouble with it getting too thick.
- 3⁄4 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped broccoli, defrosted
- Melt the cheese in the microwave in a large bowl.
- Add undiluted soup and mix well.
- Cook broccoli, drain, and add to the mixture, stirring well.
- Serve warm with Frito's Scoops, crackers, or tortilla chips.
- Keeps well in a crock pot on low setting (stir periodically) or just pop it back in the microwave at serving time.
- NOTE 9/11/07: I have been making this for years, but recently ran across the original recipe in an old cookbook. It turns out that the original had two cans of soup, which obviously would make a thinner dip. I'll probably still make it with one can, but if it seems thick, you might want to try two cans! :).
This was good, a little bland and too thick. I added half and half. I think with some tweeking it could be five stars.
I made this for my 4th annual Halloween party themed Saturday Night Live. We had theme based food, and this was what we used for "Choppin Broccoli". It was well liked by those that tried it. It was a bit thick, so heavy cream was added to thin it a bit. I am going to try to make broccoli cheese soup with the left overs. I will let you know how that goes!
This was a big hit and did not last long. I used 2 cans of the cream of mushroom soup and a pound of pepper jack.