Recipe by VickyJ
I found this on the back of an insert that was in a box of soup mix, and I haven't made it yet. This looks like an easy appetizer that you could throw together for impromptu guests. My family has made something similiar in the past, but it wasn't a warm dip. Serve the bread cubes, crackers, bagel chips, etc around the outside of the bread bowl on the serving platter.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 1 loaf Hawaiian sweet bread (or any other round loaf of similiar size(Pumpernickel is a good substitute)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cream cheese, Miracle Whip, and dressing mix in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add broccoli and 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese; mix well.
- Cut slice from top of bread loaf; remove center of loaf; leaving 1-inch thick shell. Cut removed bread into bite-size pieces; cover and set aside for later use.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into bread shell; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Cover with top of bread. Wrap in foil.
- Bake 20 minute or until dip is heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with bread pieces for dipping.
- Makes 1 qt or 32 servings; 2 Tbsp each.