Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is a good dip to bring to a gathering. It is made with the bags of sandwich beef that hang in the sandwich meat section of the grocery store. This is a totally delicious dip that men, especially, love. It has a wonderful hint of green pepper and onion and when baked and served it has great flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) bagssliced deli roast beef, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan and heat on low till the cream cheese melts and everything is mixed well.
- Add the Worcestershire Sauce.
- Put in some kind of an oven proof pottery crock, or very small bean pot.
- Cover the pot and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve with crackers (Wheat Thins are especially good).