1/1 Photo of Hot and Spicy Shrimp
More like a Louisiana-Style "barbecued" shrimp rather than an Asian stir fry. Serve with some garlic bread and a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb roma tomato, cored and chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon chinese chili paste with garlic
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, rinsed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb frozen raw tail-on shrimp, thawed (41 to 50 per pound)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 green onions, including tops,ends trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1In a 12-inch fry pan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic and stir often until onion is limp but not browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, chili paste, mushrooms, and wine.
- 4Bring to a boil over high heat; boil, uncovered, stirring often, until most of the liquid has evaporated, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-high.
- 6Add shrimp and stir often just until shrimp begin to turn pink, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in broth, parsley, and green onion.
- 8Stir just until hot and shrimp are no longer translucent in center (cut one to test), about 1 more minute.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Spicy Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.2
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 251.3 mg
- Sodium 541.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili paste with garlic