Mr Jim's Louisiana Barbecued Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice, rinds reserved and sliced (from 2 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 lb medium to large shrimp, unpeeled or peeled tails on
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat a 12-inch skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium-high heat. Add butter, and cook until melted and foamy. Add garlic, rosemary, and lemon juice and rinds. Stir in Worcestershire and hot sauces, and bring to a simmer.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook until pink and firm to the touch, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with pepper. Serve in a shallow serving bowl with bread.
Join The Conversation
What a delicious way to serve shrimp. I used jumbo shrimps in this dish and am really happy that I did. What a taste treat, great flavor and textures. We really enjoyed the shrimps prepared this way, they were hot and spicy but not overly, you could still taste the sweet shrimp. Served with recipe #493322 for a very special meal. I will definitely be preparing these quick and easy to make shrimp again, thanks so much for sharing your treasure. Made for Pac Spring Safari 2013.