Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's a unique twist on chili. Easy to make. Moderately spicy (cut back on the chili garlic sauce if you prefer less heat). If you like it thicker cut down the beef broth or use corn starch.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 4 teaspoons black bean sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce, hot
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- crisp chow mein noodles
- green onion, chopped
- In medium saucepan, heat oil. Add onion and stir fry 2 to 3 minutes until onion is transparent.
- Add ground beef and stir, breaking into pieces, until completely browned. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add black bean garlic sauce, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce and vinegar. Cook and stir about 1 minute.
- Add beef broth and diced tomatoes and bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- To serve, ladle into soup bowls and top with fried chow mein noodles and chopped green onions. If preferred, serve over white rice.
I love this stuff !